Oatmeal Sandwich Cookies With Spicy Peanut Butter Filling
- PREP TIME: 40 minutes
- COOK TIME: 9 minutes
- SERVINGS: 12 sandwich cookies
- COURSE: Dessert
Who knew cookies could be spicy and sweet? These Oatmeal Sandwich Cookies with Spicy Peanut Butter Filling satisfy sweet tooths and heat-lovers alike. Flavorful and fun to make, these treats are a simple, tasty addition to any cookie plate.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, very soft
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour (3 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 11⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 habanero chile, seeds removed
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- parchment paper
Cookies: Whisk together butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 30–40 seconds.
Cookies: Whisk in egg
Cookies: Gently stir in next 4 ingredients, then oats. Refrigerate 1 hour, or up to 3 days.
Filling: Process all the ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
Remove dough from refrigerator for 10 minutes.
Preheat oven to 375˚.
Line 2 baking sheets with Parchment Paper.
Scoop 2 tablespoons dough per cookie and gently round off.
Place onto parchment 2 inches apart. Flatten slightly.
Bake 6–7 minutes; cool 2 minutes on sheet, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
Use 11⁄2 tablespoons filling per sandwich